PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Unknown error on declare to Swiss Flarm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jr970 Posted - 12/04/2018 : 16:23:30
Just installed LK8000/Oudie in a friends glider. We connected it to his Swiss Flarm unit & it is receiving data OK - I get "FLARM DETECTED" and Barometric altitude and all the FLARM menus are active.

I can also get the Flarm to re-boot OK from the Flarm menu in LK8000, so I think that means communication is two-way.

However when I try to declare a task it fails with "Unknown Error".

I have configured:
Device A as the internal Oudie GPS (Com 1), Generic
Device B as the Flarm (Com 4, 19,200bps). Generic

Any ideas what is causing this ? do I need to have Flarm as Device A? Or could it mean that the Flarm is non-IGC ? ...... glider only just purchased with the Flarm already installed.

Any other ideas ?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AlphaLima Posted - 01/05/2018 : 23:40:03
Yes, should also be solved with the above mentioned fix! However 9k6 for FLARM is not a good idea, FLARM disables the traffic data below 19k2Bd due to limited bandwidth.
andydasmith Posted - 01/05/2018 : 23:24:22
I have a Swiss Flarm and a KRT2 radio connected to a Kobo Touch with the latest official LK8000 version through a 4-way usb OTG hub.
This configuration suffered frequent disconnects (buffer under-runs) until I read a post here which mentioned that cheap hubs automatically fall back to the slowest baud rate. Since I have set both to 9600 baud the system appears stable.....but unable to declare
AlphaLima Posted - 26/04/2018 : 16:24:57
Is it connected directly to the Kobo or is there a vario or something similar mixing NMEA sentences.
Of so, this is a known problem already fixed for Version after the 7.0 release:
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1182
andydasmith Posted - 25/04/2018 : 20:37:13
I have an IGC (Swiss)Flarm connected to a Kobo Touch which is unable to declare a task to the Flarm.
When I change to XCSoar the configuration is able to declare to the Flarm without problems.
I believe there is a problem with the current build.
AlphaLima Posted - 23/04/2018 : 13:22:18
As far as I know, non-IGC do not allow Task declarations.
IGC Flarm use to have "IGC approve" stickers on the housing.

You can also find out if it is a IGC Flarm by watching the serial monitor inside LK8000 device Dialog, restart flarm and look init checks written at the serial monitor.
Shuld somehow look like this (IGC + ENL):

Startup: After clean shutdown
o.k. 16 Mbit internal FLASH memory
o.k. ENL
o.k. Obstacles Init
o.k. Logging Init
o.k. UART
o.k. RF subsystem
o.k. Pressure sensor

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy