PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Final BETA 6.1R available now!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolwind Posted - 27/02/2018 : 01:15:05
For all platforms (Kobo, PC, PNA, PPC2003, Android and optionally Raspberry and Linux) today we released the new beta version 6.1R.
This is an UPGRADE over existing full version.

http://www.bware.it/LK8000/LK8000-610R-UPGRADE.ZIP

It is very important that we have feedback from you!
It's been some time since we have released the last 6.1j in july, for Kobo and Windows platforms.

We are confident that there are no critical issues, having spent many months to ensure stability and robustness of LK, however your help will be greatly appreciated!

Version 7.0 is expected by the beginning of March, as soon as we get positive feedbacks from this last (hopefully) beta!

Thanks for your help!

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bambuko Posted - 16/05/2018 : 15:51:33
I see that 6.1.r went back to using aAlt in meters for users of imperial units (ft, knots, etc).
Discussed before here:
http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8262

Also - "safety altitude" is not altitude, but safety arrival height or arrival height.
Discussed here:
http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8685

Not critical items, nevertheless... :-)
Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 09/05/2018 : 17:14:18
Why do you want it MrGoMario? You already have a compass reading, its only calculated and not read from a magnetic compass source..

A magnetic reading has always unpredictable errors that LK8000 can impossibly know.. You should do a compass swing with the magnetic compass inside your PDA or Smartphone within your glider to make a deviation table and use that in LK8000 to make it more accurate... otherwise, completely useless.
AlphaLima Posted - 09/05/2018 : 15:53:54
You are more than welcome to help implementing it, if it is no problem for you!
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000
The question is, what do we do whith the compass value? In my eyes it is not adequate for wind calculations.
MrGoMario Posted - 09/05/2018 : 15:26:28
And no magnetic compass reading in Android. So sad. It is not even that difficult to implement... Just get the value from the API and "work-it in" the program. Just about all other Android navigation apps make use of the magnetic compass reading. I sincerely hope that v7.0 will implement this function.
Uli Posted - 07/05/2018 : 21:18:19
Hi all,
I did two PG flights yesterday with 610R on a Kobo Glo with vario / GPS (GoFly V5). I had a hang-up one hour into the first flight, continuous tone from the speaker on top of the normal vario tones. Display continued to work but when I tried to "force landed" (after physically landing) it told me to "stop moving." Later I discovered that the IGC logging had also stopped after one hour. No idea whether it was the GPS / Vario or LK (or even a hardware glitch) that caused the issue … No problems on the second flight, though that one was under one hour so who knows.

Otherwise all good and looking forward to V7!

Uli

Update: Several more flights (up to 2+ hours) last week without any problems. Who knows what it was …
cloudsun9 Posted - 26/03/2018 : 15:23:13
Flew a triangle yesterday. 6.1q no problems except as always I cannot see predicted triangle sectors on kobo. Suspect user error for that one.
BOTTLAENDER Posted - 25/03/2018 : 08:41:02
2 thermal flights yesterday with the 6.1R on my GoFly Kobo. Nothing special to notice, Thank's again!!!
roque Posted - 19/03/2018 : 11:41:49
Hello,
Any good news about this 7.0 version ?
danielvelez Posted - 07/03/2018 : 01:03:37
Hello. I have just post a possible bug on the waypoint editor while using coords DD.dddd. See description on general forum. Sorry.

http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8744
freewing70 Posted - 01/03/2018 : 13:58:05
Done some flights (one > 360 km OLC): everything was perfect (both on Android and on WinCE).
stoickov Posted - 27/02/2018 : 14:09:13
Can you publish the changelog, please?
mosquito Posted - 27/02/2018 : 12:37:28
Fantastic I will test this weekend weather permits :) Thank you for the great work guys

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy