PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 LK8000 configuration for paragliding competition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jaaaaf Posted - 10/08/2013 : 14:52:47
I make a short guide and a configuration, to use LK8000 for paragliding competition.

Please, let me know your remarks, and if you find it useful.

I put the configuration files and guide on paragliding forum here: http://www.paraglidingforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=58359
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
parapenT1sta Posted - 07/02/2018 : 12:36:01
I created a page with the configuration for 6.x, I hope you guys like it: https://parapent1sta.blogspot.pt, you need to use google translator, I wrote in Portuguese.
brunotl Posted - 25/03/2014 : 15:59:01
if you see text like _@MXXX_ everywhere inside software, it's simple :

your "LK8000\_Language" folder is not up-to-date.

so only one way to fix it, check you install.
Chabi Posted - 25/03/2014 : 14:12:21
Sorry bruno I didn't explain it correct.

If you go to menu->config->2/3-> lk8000 Setup -> system setup-> interface

Then click ok configure info pages you have 14 items to chose between ON or OFF, i was asking about those parameters, what they mean? Or what they do?

Thanks!
brunotl Posted - 25/03/2014 : 13:22:00
quote:
Originally posted by Chabi
I was trying to personalise it but i have some questions in the "configure info pages" menu all are set to OFF as exeption of _@M1623,

if you see text like that, you have bad language file.
check your install.
Chabi Posted - 25/03/2014 : 12:10:26
Thanks for posting your configuration!! I download it and i will use it next weekend if it's flyable!

I was trying to personalise it but i have some questions in the "configure info pages" menu all are set to OFF as exeption of _@M1623, i don't know what those parameters mean... Could somebody explain it? Or post the link were is explain :p i couldnt find it by my self ....

And the second one it is possible to change the overlay text?. For exemple in the bottom left there is the wind direction and the strengh i would prefere to see the wind speed instead of strengh it is possible to modify this?
bo. Posted - 14/08/2013 : 13:03:28
Yes, thats partly my fault ;-) That is how I described the problem when I asked for this feature... It also makes sense to use it with portrait orientation, which leaves less space for zoom and other hidden buttons
jaaaaf Posted - 14/08/2013 : 08:01:47
I find it:
To deactivate direct button for multimap, with keeping possibility to have it with swipe left or right in the zoom button area, you have to set off the quick gestures on the 23 Para/hang Gliders special.
In the help it's said that you have to disable it when using glove :)
Tschimmy Posted - 13/08/2013 : 22:02:19
Hello... i made an new clean setup and now it works fine.

Thank you!!!
jaaaaf Posted - 13/08/2013 : 21:46:53
Thanks for your remark bo, I don't really understand, as for me I already make this correction :(
But I just correct also "instantaneous efficiency" to "efficiency for last 10s".
Please, tell me if you see this correction on the dropbox file, I'm not sure it works...

For multimap deactivate button, sorry I don't remember how I do that !!! I will try to search more...
But remember that you can still access to multimap screen you configure, if you swipe left or right in the zoom button area.
Tschimmy Posted - 13/08/2013 : 19:52:27
Hello Jacques,

iīm very grateful to see your configuration and to play with this to understand more and learn new features of LK8000.

One thing i donīt understand. How you can deactivate the multimaps? I can deactivate all Multimaps in LK8000 Setup (Site 10 --> Multimaps), okay than Multimaps doesnīt work.

But when i Start your Profil and i try to setup the Multimaps. I can make the settings but It doesnīt work... why?

I'll give you quite right that Multimaps are not so usefull in competitions. But just "how you can deactivate the Multimaps"???

Greetings by curious ;-)
bo. Posted - 13/08/2013 : 08:37:53
Hi, nice effort!

One remark:
In page 5 (3.3. Thermal mode), there is an error in the labelling. What you have marked as "Instantaneous vario" is in fact "Integrated vario in
30s". You can see that the value is the same as the Instantaneous vario in the bottom bar (+4.6 ms). On the lefthand side, the "Instantaneous vario" is displayed (+5.0 ms) between altiude and groundspeeed. You got it right on page 3 though ;-)
jaaaaf Posted - 12/08/2013 : 21:27:38
Martin, as you can see on my chapter 4, there is no button to activate multimap, I deactivate these buttons. I don't want to activate it when I just want to zoom in or zoom out.

But you are right, I forget to mention than you can swipe left or right to get the airspace map. I forget to mention it, I have to add it on my documentation !

Most important is to understand that this configuration is the best I found for now for me and for paragliding competition, but for sure it will not correspond to all different users need.
The idea is to make a simple configuration, and users can adapt it as they wanted.

And suggestions are welcome to improve this configuration !!!
Tschimmy Posted - 11/08/2013 : 22:37:05
Hello Jacques,

at first thanks for this guide, itīs great! But i have one question. When i test your configuration - multimaps doesnīt work. But I have no idea why, i tried many settings on my V1 but nothing helps?

greetings Martin

jaaaaf Posted - 10/08/2013 : 16:32:14
Here are the files in dropbox:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66666938/conf.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66666938/LK8000StartGuide.pdf
parapenT1sta Posted - 10/08/2013 : 16:14:51
Thanks!

Can you share it with dropbox links because you can't download the files if you aren't sign up with paragliding forum.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy