PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 OpenAIP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolwind Posted - 13/04/2016 : 17:32:26
Just a few words to tell you that our team developer Alberto Realis is adding full support for OpenAIP airspaces and airports.
It will be included in the first beta shortly after the release of v6.0 .
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alus Posted - 25/05/2019 : 17:40:44
I would like also, with some delay, to thank Tony for letting LKMAPS to download also openAIP data!

This made the life way easier for users to get up to date airspace and waypoints without any need to download and copy files manually from openAIP: brilliant!

I'm glad to see that, in this way, all this work of integrating openAIP in LK is now being actively used.

Al.
AlphaLima Posted - 07/02/2018 : 17:27:30
Wilco!
BravoLima Posted - 07/02/2018 : 11:35:49
Maybe the Waiponts button can be corrected in Waypoints (see image below)

AlphaLima Posted - 07/02/2018 : 10:40:02
Thanks to Tony, LKMAPS now can download OpenAIP Airspaces and Waypoints:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lk8000.lkmap&hl=en
AlphaLima Posted - 03/02/2018 : 10:39:22
As far as I can see now, OpenAIP Files (*.aip) can directly be loaded by LK8000. Works quite well and the OpenAIP is very "up to date".
In my mind, what's really needed is a download feature like we do have for maps. Good idea if the map tool could do the same for OpenAIP waypoints and airspaces-
Alus Posted - 08/12/2017 : 10:37:19
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that I released a new version of AirspaceConverter: 0.2.6

Thanks to the help of a new contributor: Valerio Messina we added some new features, which the most relevant is the possibility to filter the output on a latitude and longitude range.

Thanks to Valerio we have now also DEB packages for Ubuntu 16.04 in our repository.

If you find anything not working properly please let me know.

Al.
Coolwind Posted - 06/03/2017 : 14:00:09
we need to give link and informations on the lk website !
Alus Posted - 06/03/2017 : 09:03:13
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that recently I introduced several improvement to the converter.

I made a Qt user interface to make it more portable, so now the UI is also available for Linux, also as Debian package, I created an APT repository for it.
So it can be easily installed also on Nimbus, the LK8000, Debian based, development virtual machine.

Now it is also able to read KMZ/KML files as input, this feature is based on the Austrian airspace file made by Austrocontrol so it should still be tested with KMZ files from other sources.

The conversion to Garmin IMG files has still to be improved.
Alus Posted - 20/10/2016 : 21:04:54
quote:
Originally posted by BravoLima
What also would be useful, is the ability of showing waypoints in Google Earth. Waypoints are saved as cup-file but you can edit the file with MS Notepad. (See: http://www.keepitsoaring.com/LKSC/Downloads/cup_format.pdf)

The latest version 0.0.1.4 is attempting to parse also SeeYou .CUP waypoints files in order to display them as well in Google Earth.

The HSI I developed in LK8000 (as agreed with Paolo) assumes the waypoint coordinates of an airfield as the exact center of the runway, then it uses the orientation to calculate the alignment and the length to calculate the descent path angle to the head of the runway.

So for this reason, for all the airfields, I wanted to draw the runway perimeter knowing center position, orientation and length in this way the people maintaining CUP files can try to easily correct any eventual wrong positions, length or orientation simply comparing the rectangle drawn in GE with the actual runway. The way the converter displays the runways in GE is exactly the same as LK8000 is interpreting the same info for the HSI screen.
BravoLima Posted - 25/09/2016 : 17:57:38
quote:
Originally posted by Alus

When I will find the time I would like to make the colors for each kind of airspace configurable.

This possibility exists in Google Earth already and is easy to carry out. Therefor this color adjustment may not be necessary.

What also would be useful, is the ability of showing waypoints in Google Earth. Waypoints are saved as cup-file but you can edit the file with MS Notepad. (See: http://www.keepitsoaring.com/LKSC/Downloads/cup_format.pdf)
Alus Posted - 24/09/2016 : 23:50:11
Thanks for sharing the files.

As promised, I fixed the two problems plus other bugs I discovered along the way...

The new and fixed version 0.0.1.2 is ready and downloadable from the same place.

BravoLima, thanks for your interest and if you find something else let me know.

When I will find the time I would like to make the colors for each kind of airspace configurable.
BravoLima Posted - 23/09/2016 : 10:28:14
quote:
Originally posted by Alus

BravoLima, can you tell me from where you got those OpenAir files that generate errors?

Check this dropboxlink for my airspacefiles: link removed.
These are selfmade (ZCH_230616-1.txt) and modified (DAeC_310316-4.txt) files.

AirspaceConverter doesn't recognize:
- Radio Mandatory Zones (RMZ), new in LK8000 v6.0a -> 28 RMZ's in total = 28 errors
- Airspace Class UNKNOWN in LK8000 -> VOR/DME approach specified as class unknown = 1 error
(unknown can be any name except from those already specified in LK8000)
Alus Posted - 23/09/2016 : 06:40:02
BravoLima, can you tell me from where you got those OpenAir files that generate errors?
Alus Posted - 22/09/2016 : 16:00:18
quote:
Originally posted by BravoLima
After uploading OpenAir files of The Netherlands and Germany the program produced 29 error messages like the one below:
ERROR: unable to parse line 4577: AC RMZ
Also AC UNKNOWN isn't recognized.

Thanks for the feedback I will try to reproduce the error and fix it this weekend.

Beware that this tool is relatively new so there will be other errors...
BravoLima Posted - 22/09/2016 : 11:35:10
Wow! This is a very nice tool!
I've been looking for this a long time.
Understanding the airspace structure becomes a lot easier this way.

After uploading OpenAir files of The Netherlands and Germany the program produced 29 error messages like the one below:
ERROR: unable to parse line 4577: AC RMZ
Also AC UNKNOWN isn't recognized.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy