PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Bug on final glide bar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danielvelez Posted - 24/09/2017 : 16:07:01
To replicate the bug:
1. You need to be on paragliding/hanggliding
2. Make a 3 turnpoint task (Start, turnpoint and goal)
3. Set a start gate and a time. Can be entry or exit.
4. Go to NAV and "jump" the start, going to the next turnpoint.

You can replicate it on Simulator.

Itīs pretty annoying if you set a wrong start on a hanggliding/paragliding meet and need to manually "start" the task, as you loose the gliding bar.

If you go to Screen 1.3. TASK you can verify that TskArr and TskArr0 are blank... even when TskReqE is way lower than the E.Avg and you know that you have goal with lots of altitude.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Coolwind Posted - 01/12/2017 : 21:10:57
What we can do is create a Force Started button?
jaaaaf Posted - 28/11/2017 : 16:01:53
Hi,

I agree with Daniel, it can be very useful to have gliding bar and other goal information if you jump the start. Unfortunately it happens to me (and others!) from time to time to make an error with start enter or exit...
danielvelez Posted - 28/09/2017 : 19:34:28
Hello again Coolwind.

Ok. The behaviour occurs only in relation with the start... You can "jump" any waypoint on the task and the final glide bar and tsk distance will work (will update if you got the start and are moving up or down the waypoints). It even works if you have started the task but want to go back again to the start but without hitting "restart task"... Just nav to previos waypoint that happens to be the start.

So off course Iīm not trying to blame LK8000 for a pilotīs error, or for a Hardware error... Iīm just trying to ask for an "improvement" on a behaviour that results inconvenient if you make a mistake related to the start... You want a working computer that can be reset on flight due to pilot error or whatever.
Coolwind Posted - 26/09/2017 : 03:20:19
First case is user mistake, severe user mistake. It happens, and when it happens once, it usually doesn't happen a second time.
Second case, hardware fault. For this reason in every competition it is imperative to have a backup computer.
No backup computer, hardware failure for the first time.. next time there will be a backup computer.
This is how it happens with glider competitions at least. I know pilots taking of with 3 or even 4 computers all set up with the same task.

While you are in system config, normally the log is kept working. But I am not 100% sure, Bruno can answer better than me, because on Android things can be very different than on CE or Kobo.
danielvelez Posted - 25/09/2017 : 20:21:57
Hello Coolwind. Thanks for the follow up.
Let me try to explain to you different scenarios where this behaviour is inconvenient.

1. During task setting you set an entry start where it should have been an exit. You start your flight and exit the start (wrong side) going out. You know you have it right and change to next turnpoint. You loose the final glide bar and remaining task distance.

2. You have a perfectly set task. You start the task. While on course to first turnpoint your app/phone/device freezes and you restart the app. You now have two tracks to deal or ypu are doing a backup igc log on another device... now you must hit next waypoing... you lkose your glide bar and calculations....

Workaround... (shitty) you must enter task edit and delete the start and change the start gates to 0.

Question: while you are at menu or editing something inside the system config, the tracklog keeps registering? Or does it get freezed / interrupted?

Coolwind Posted - 24/09/2017 : 21:05:22
That's right. We cannot provide statistics if we don't known when you started the task.
Once you restart a task there is no way back, since we do reset internally all parameters. So there is no bug. That's how it is working. In a real competition you need to start the task, nothing else
danielvelez Posted - 24/09/2017 : 19:31:37
Ok. Second Bug.

Same scenery than later, but this time, you need to set a few start gates. If you get the first start right, and start your race, the gliding bar and tsk required alt works ok. But if you go back for a second start, and hit restart task, but then you decide to go ahead and keep flying, (start is far away and you have a second though) you hit "next waypoint" and the gliding bar and TskArr and TskArr0 are f%&@k.

So in order to have all the calculations working you canīt mess up the start. You canīt jump the gun, or go for another start gate and miss it...

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy