PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Best way to Setup Live Tracking for Android?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JBlyth Posted - 06/07/2017 : 05:40:28
I have been reading through the Forum about setting up Live Tracking for the new Android Version, and I am confused.....

From within LK8000 I have tested using www.livetrack24.com with Port 80 and my livetrack24 usename and password within LK8000, and this appears to work.

When I tried skylines.aero and Port 80 and my Skylines Tracking number as username and my password, there were no tracks picked up by Skylines, so I take it LK8000 doesn't send to it properly???? The Skylines website says this:- "You can also use all available applications that use the LiveTrack24 protocol for sending your locations to SkyLines. Just use your Live Tracking Key as username, choose any password you want and configure skylines.aero as the server."

SkyLines Tracker works fine with WiFi on my Nexus 5x phone, but it won't work on my Nexus 9 Tablet as the settings page doesn't display. (Google Play says it is not compatible, but I side loaded the App).

Are there any benefits to using either Livetrack24 or Skylines Aero over the other - apart from the fact that Skylines doesn't appear to work from within Lk8000 at the moment?

Many thanks
John Blyth - in Sunny Carnarvon, Western Australia
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mana Posted - 08/06/2020 : 22:49:05
These are the settings for a device connecting to the OGNView app within LK8000. Config 2/3, LK8000 Setup, Device setup
stoickov Posted - 08/06/2020 : 21:25:58
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima
Connect LK8000 to OGNView with the following driver settings
IP Address: localhost
TCP Port: 4353
Driver: GENERIC

Where exactly are those settings?
Kyza Posted - 08/10/2019 : 15:41:19
Thank you a lot AlphaLima ! :)

quote:

install the OGNView App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meisterschueler.ognviewer
enable the TCP-Server within OGNView

AlphaLima Posted - 17/09/2019 : 21:15:29
install the OGNView App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meisterschueler.ognviewer
enable the TCP-Server within OGNView

Kyza Posted - 17/09/2019 : 16:18:06
Hello AlphaLima.
sorry for that question. But how exactly I can get data from OGN viewer on android device into LK8000 ?

What exactly I need to configure within LK8000 ?

Thank you in Advance

Kyza

m-a-r-t-i-n Posted - 09/04/2019 : 14:55:31
thank you!
AlphaLima Posted - 09/04/2019 : 14:31:58
Right,
for android devices you can display OGN traffic in LK8000 with the OGN Viewer App.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meisterschueler.ognviewer&hl=de
m-a-r-t-i-n Posted - 09/04/2019 : 13:06:45
quote:

If you wan't to get a traffic feedback, you either use LT24 only.
Or you must set the username/password for livetrack24 and glidertracker hub identically and you must import the OGN glidtertracker data into the LT account.
Background:
Glidertracker does not have a traffic feedback yet, but you can get the data from LT24 if you use the same user/password settings.
In order to publish your on position on LT24, you must impoprt the glidertracker data into LT24, which you can setup on the LT24 website as I described in the manual.

We will work on a better solution in wintertime.

Hello, do I get you right, that at the moment, only LT24 can be displayed at LK8000 screen? Or is there a solution to receive OGN data on LK8000 moving map?
thank you and best regards,
Martin
danielvelez Posted - 08/09/2017 : 00:53:05
quote:

Or you must set the username/password for livetrack24 and glidertracker hub identically and you must import the OGN glidtertracker data into the LT account.
Background:
Glidertracker does not have a traffic feedback yet, but you can get the data from LT24 if you use the same user/password settings.
In order to publish your on position on LT24, you must impoprt the glidertracker data into LT24, which you can setup on the LT24 website as I described in the manual.

Just to understand: when you mean same user/password settings, that means the "user/password" under the LK8000 Fiel on the Feed Configuration should be the same as the one used to log-in on livetrack24, or you meant that the glidertracker log-in user and password should be the same that on livetrack24?
At the momment glidertracker has a restriction on passwords for login, as they ask for a caps and a number. No restriction on livetrack24.

I tryied "importing" the glidertracker data into LT24, but the manual is not that clear.
LT24 asks for your ONG Callsign. It suggests a 6 digit character of letters and numbers.
I´m guessing that it correspond to the "Address" on the Flarm configuration.
It seems that the "address" only allows numbers.
I also have that number registered as a Devce ID under glidernet.org

The thing is that "field names" between LT24, glidernet.org and glidertracker.org have different labels, so it´s difficult to figure out what is a Callsign for LT24 and to which it correspond on the others.

I tryied tracking with LT24 only (new pilot profile, sweet.) I could see both android simulating tracks on both phones... Went for a second attempt, trying a "task", but only one of the phones was showing the other. Probably I started one faster than the other and it did not find any flarm traffic on one and didn´t bother to look more... (both tracking ok)... so it seems that lk8000 is not pushing too hard on looking for new lt24 feeds.

AlphaLima Posted - 07/09/2017 : 09:11:34
Background:

danielvelez Posted - 07/09/2017 : 02:47:27
Ok. I made two accounts on Glidertracker.org Also I have two accounts on livetrack24. Went on sim mode on lk8000 on two android devices (one cellphone on cell network and a tablet on wifi connection).

Both where showing on glidertracker.org.

One of them (tablet) detected a "flarm device" "livetrack24".

Nevertheless, none of the devices saw anything on their screen.

I could see them both on the website, and even went head to head, and passed by really close to each other, but I was not able to see any flarm alarms nor any close friends.

Any ideas?
By the way, i´m using hangglider/paraglider mode.
Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 06/08/2017 : 14:29:27
deleted by mod!
reason:
-double post
-Off Topic
JBlyth Posted - 29/07/2017 : 02:19:11
Hi danielvelez,

Sorry, I just saw this post from a few weeks ago....

I can confirm that data is sent when in simulator mode. Also, for testing purposes, if you set "Tracking mode" in Pilot Setup to "permanent", data will be sent whenever LK8000 is active.

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 11/07/2017 : 00:47:28
I have ADS-B and OGN for glider tracking on various websites (works via FLARM and the transponder I have on board)

For my friends to follow only me on skylines.aero, sometimes I just run the Skylines Tracker app beside LK8000 on my Smartphone (also a Nexus 5X), very small app that uses the internal GPS, just make sure in settings the server address resolution is set to FIX in stead of DNS, this way the correct IP address is used.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.luethi.skylinestracker
danielvelez Posted - 10/07/2017 : 03:50:38
Hello There.

I´m trying to understand glidertracker.org... and also trying to see it in action (simulation) if possible.

I´m guessing that if one have lk8000 configured to use as a client with LT Server pointing to glidertracker, then one would see the trafic on the lk8000 client and would broadcast to glidertracker your own status.

So glidertracker can feed from more sources than if you only use livetrack24 for instance...

Not sure if you would get to see all the livetrack24 traffic that is broadcasted or only your friends (as it happens with livetracker24 LT Server config).
So a few questions arises:

If I set everything ok, and try to use LK8000 on simulation, does the simulation get broadcasted? To see if it´s working?
If I use LK8000 not in simulation but in "condor" would it broadcast my "condorsoaring computer flight" as an actual traffic?

Could two condorsoaring players, using lk8000 as a standalone navigator can see each other on the FLARM or Radar interfase on LK8000 using glidertracker.org?

Could we have a "glidertracker.org/sim/" sub-address to play with the software and see it in action without actually flying and trying to figure out if it works?

Thanks, and keep up the good work. A lot of potential being unleashed there.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy