PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Recommended Development Environment

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NorthernLad59 Posted - 05/02/2017 : 20:20:07
I would like to compile and build LK8000. Soon after it was first launched I downloaded the Nimbus VM and successfully built LK8000 - version 5. I then got distracted by life. I just came back to use it, pulled the latest version of the sources and I can no longer build it. I seem to have a range of issues, including not being able to upgrade and run SmartGit to version 7, not essential but would be nice - it doesn't look like JRE 1.8 will install on Wheezy.

Anyway I suspect that Nimbus is not "currently supported" for version 6.0a of LK8000. So I am after recommendations for the most sensible development enviroment to configure.

I am a software developer and run a high spec Macbook Pro (2015), with VMWare installed. Besides Nimbus I run the following VM's:

Ubuntu 12.04.5 (32 bit)
Ubuntu 14.04.1 (64 bit)
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
- With Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 (Community Edition)
- with Visual GDB for Linux installed allowing me to cross compile for a Linux target.

I am happy to install and other flavour of Unix if that is recommended.

So should I be using Ubuntu or Debian? 32 bit or 64 bit?
Or is it possible to use Visual Studio and Visual GDB?

Cheers

Richard
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brunotl Posted - 08/08/2017 : 11:07:55
problem come from OpenGLES on AVD...

more info : https://developer.android.com/studio/run/emulator-acceleration.html

EDIT : repository contains some hardlink, so on windows, you need to run git with admnistrator privilege.
JWosik Posted - 07/08/2017 : 18:52:32
Hi, as I said "Windows7 in Android Studio" so neither WINER nor Linux - I am able to deploy LK8000 (cloned from github) from Android Studio on Windows 7 to real device but cound't run on emulated one (AVD) - which would be more convenient. I am just asking if this is possible or known not to work - because LK uses NDK for example.
Coolwind Posted - 07/08/2017 : 15:40:22
you mean WINE for Linux?
JWosik Posted - 06/08/2017 : 23:00:19
Hi, I am able to build and run LK8000 in nimbus and on Windows7 in Android Studio deploy it on my Samsung S4 smartphone (I build arm7 variant), but I am not able to run it in emulator - has anyone managed to run it on windows in emulator? If yes then which Build Variant - x86, x86_64, arm7?

BTW In Android Studio I have some problems with processing PNG files by Gradle, but adding

aaptOptions {
        cruncherEnabled = false
    }
into build.gradle solved problem.
brunotl Posted - 08/02/2017 : 11:24:24
quote:
Originally posted by NorthernLad59

This just isn't simple is it. I've abandoned nimbus as I cannot get a graphical interface for GIT to work amongst other issues. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, I have Netbeans installed and working and can build LINUX versions. However I cannot work out how to get arm-ming32ce installed so I cannot build for my target, an Oudie 2 PNA.

I understand that you must all be getting fed up with me, but it strikes me that nimbus is built on what appears to be an old / unsupported version of Linux and that installing on a newer version isn't trivial. I guess my lack of Linux knowledge isn't helping.

So if anyone else is building on Ubuntu 14.04.1 (64) for Windows CE targets I'd appreciate the help.

to option :

first, follow this: https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/wiki/Linux

second, use this toolchain: http://max.kellermann.name/download/xcsoar/devel/cegcc/mingw32ce-mk-2013-04-03-amd64.tar.xz

howto install is simple : extract and add bin directory to $PATH.

EDIT : wiki update are welcome...
NorthernLad59 Posted - 08/02/2017 : 10:46:09
This just isn't simple is it. I've abandoned nimbus as I cannot get a graphical interface for GIT to work amongst other issues. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, I have Netbeans installed and working and can build LINUX versions. However I cannot work out how to get arm-ming32ce installed so I cannot build for my target, an Oudie 2 PNA.

I understand that you must all be getting fed up with me, but it strikes me that nimbus is built on what appears to be an old / unsupported version of Linux and that installing on a newer version isn't trivial. I guess my lack of Linux knowledge isn't helping.

So if anyone else is building on Ubuntu 14.04.1 (64) for Windows CE targets I'd appreciate the help.
NorthernLad59 Posted - 07/02/2017 : 14:02:00
For completeness I've tried to do what you suggest to get Nimbus working with SmartGit. However I cannot install the latest version of git, git_1.9.1-1~bpo70+2_i386, from Wheezy-backport. I've tried doing it manually and using Synaptic. Both methods report "dependency problems". Synaptic nolonger offers me the option of Forcing Version on the package.

I don't need to sort this out as I can build on the 64bit Ubuntu but thought it worth mentioning as I have struggled to get nimbus working. It may just be that I'm not Linux savvy enough to sort it out, but then I thought that was one of the reasons for offering the nimbus VM as a preconfigured ready to go system.

Cheers

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

you can use smartgit 17 on Wheezy (nimbus) for that you need :

- upgrade git package from "whezzy-backport"
- install oracle jre : http://www.syntevo.com/doc/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6979759

libgeographic-dev can have different name depends of distribs
in all case you need version > 1.37, if versions available in your distro is to old, install from source :
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/wiki/Install-GeographicLib--%28v6.1-and-later%29

concerning IDE :
my personal choice is Netbeans (more intuitive for VisualStudio user)
I've not tested, but i think VisualStudio 2015 can be used ( makefile project )

for android, we use android-studio, on Windows or Linux as you want, but not on Nimbus ( x86 linux not supported ) https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/wiki/Android

6.0b build, so if not for you, what platform you want build and what error you have ?

Bruno.

NorthernLad59 Posted - 07/02/2017 : 08:48:27
I'm sorry I am a complete Newbie to this project so I don't feel I should be editing the installation documentation. I have only just done my first successful build on one operating system.

I installed Netbeans as you recommended and it seems to work well, I can build, run and debug the project.

Thanks again

Richard

quote:

quote:

Re Libgeographic-dev The library is called geographicLib-dev,

depnds of linux distro, for debian jessie :

:~/$ sudo apt-cache search geographicLib
geographiclib-tools - C++ library to solve some geodesic problems -- tools
libgeographic-dev - C++ library to solve some geodesic problems -- development files
libgeographic13 - C++ library to solve some geodesic problems -- library
python-geographiclib - Python binding for GeographicLib

you can add note in wiki for this tips.

brunotl Posted - 07/02/2017 : 03:58:47
quote:

Re Libgeographic-dev The library is called geographicLib-dev,

depnds of linux distro, for debian jessie :

:~/$ sudo apt-cache search geographicLib
geographiclib-tools - C++ library to solve some geodesic problems -- tools
libgeographic-dev - C++ library to solve some geodesic problems -- development files
libgeographic13 - C++ library to solve some geodesic problems -- library
python-geographiclib - Python binding for GeographicLib

you can add note in wiki for this tips.
NorthernLad59 Posted - 06/02/2017 : 19:00:15
Re Libgeographic-dev The library is called geographicLib-dev, even when you follow the link you sent me. So in the wiki instructions for configuring a Linux environment it says:

Install all the necessary tools

sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libzzip-dev libboost-dev libfreetype6-dev libpng-dev libgeographic-dev xsltproc imagemagick ttf-dejavu

It should be:

Install all the necessary tools

sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libzzip-dev libboost-dev libfreetype6-dev libpng-dev geographicLib-dev xsltproc imagemagick ttf-dejavu

If you copy and paste from the wiki apt-get doesn't work.

Building 6.0b works which is OK for me. For what I want to do I would rather start from a stable release - so I can fly with it rather than build on top of the latest development source set.

I'll have a look at NetBeans.

Thanks for the help

Richard

quote:

- install oracle jre : http://www.syntevo.com/doc/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6979759

in all case you need version > 1.37, if versions available in your distro is to old, install from source :
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/wiki/Install-GeographicLib--%28v6.1-and-later%29

concerning IDE :

for android, we use android-studio, on Windows or Linux as you want, but not on Nimbus ( x86 linux not supported ) https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/wiki/Android

6.0b build, so if not for you, what platform you want build and what error you have ?

Bruno.

brunotl Posted - 06/02/2017 : 14:50:53

concerning IDE :

Bruno.
NorthernLad59 Posted - 06/02/2017 : 13:45:52
I started again this morning with Ubuntu 14.04.1 (64 bit). The reason I went of a 64 bit operating system was that I wanted to use a graphical interface to the GIT repository. I use GitKraken for my work and find it extremely helpful. I couldn't get Gitkraken or SmartGit/Hg to install and /or run on Nimbus. SmartGit insisted on upgrading itself but failed to do so. I suspect neither Gitkraken or SmartGit support 32bit systems any more, GitKraken certainly doesn't.

I guess you use a 32bit virtual machine image is to widen the hardware it will run on which is fair enough. However as I have bought VMWare Fusion and can easily run 64 bit virtual machines it seems daft not to.

Anyway I have got it all working. I did encounter one problem installing the development environment:

libgeographic-dev is actually called geographicLib-dev

I ended up pulling the 6.0b release as the latest state of the repo didn't build.

Virtually all of my coding has been done using Visual Studio, including cross compiling for Linux targets so I find it very difficult without an IDE. So my next step is to chose one. Any recommendations would be welcome.

Cheers

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

I only use Nimbus.
You just need to install the latest development packages required by the 6.0.
Which, in any case, you shall need to install also on any other platform you want to adopt, unless they come preinstalled of course.

There should be a list of necessary files to install on the github wiki. Probably it is not complete. You can help by filling the gap and create a document explaining how to complete the Nimbus for v6.

Coolwind Posted - 06/02/2017 : 12:00:58
I only use Nimbus.
You just need to install the latest development packages required by the 6.0.
Which, in any case, you shall need to install also on any other platform you want to adopt, unless they come preinstalled of course.

There should be a list of necessary files to install on the github wiki. Probably it is not complete. You can help by filling the gap and create a document explaining how to complete the Nimbus for v6.

brunotl Posted - 05/02/2017 : 23:26:57
you can use any x64 linux distrib if you want build all target...

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy