PostFrontal introduces a brand new race created to fully enjoy the spectacular features and size of the new scenery West Alpi for Condor by Bluangel56: the WEST ALPI CUP. The race uses the "open server" approach (you fly the tasks on-line whenever you want) already used with success for our Alpi 3 and Central Italy free racing servers. The competition will feature 5 different tasks to race and challenge the Mont Blanc's beautiful surroundings.
West Alpi covers a 96 thousands sq. Km area, with 307 x 312 Km sides. Thanks to a new algorithm developed by Bluangel56, West Alpi offers better details without affecting the FPS performance.
31 airports are included in the scenery, including the french gliding capitals: Saint Auban, St. Crépin, Fayence, Sisteron, Gap...
All the details about the scenery and an image gallery can be found HERE.
Only the WEST ALPI CUP competitors will have the chanche to buy and download the new scenery in advance! The official release of West Alpi will be on October 1st, the day after the end of the race.
The race can be commented and followed on the CONDOR OFFICIAL FORUM, CONDORSIM.FR FORUM, SEGELFLUGGALERIE.DE FORUM and the POSTFRONTAL FORUM.
- The races will begin on September 15th 2009 at 0:00 CET and will end on September 30th 2009 at 24:00 CET.
- Since this is an "open server" competition, which doesn't use predefined days to fly tasks, the subscriptions will close on September 25th 2009.
- Only who bought the West Alpi scenery and payed the race subscription fee is allowed to enter the competition.
- The scoring is based on the 1000 points FAI algorithm with handicap.
- Every single task can be reflied a maximum of 3 times and only the best performance will be kept for the final results (reflies after the 3rd try will be ignored).
- The results will be automatically updated every time an on-line session ends.
- To allow multiple sessions, there are three servers available for every task: server A, B and C, for a total of 15 servers. In the server's list WestAlpi_T02_C, for example, means server C for Task 02. The results will be calculated for the server's task, whichever server instance (A, B or C) you choose.
- If for any reason you get disconnected from the server before the end of the race, or if you can't see your result appearing in the results after 10 minutes from the end of the race, you can send the .FTR file to firstname.lastname@example.org and your score will be added manually to the results.
- IMPORTANT: you must use the Competition Number chosen during the registration during all the race. Changing other pilot's data in Condor (pilot's name, registration number...) during the race may lead to wrong results in the scoring, please verify you are using the same data for all the race.
- You will receive a password to join the on-line races in the registration e-mail.
The prizes will be shipped worldwide at PostFrontal's own expenses.